Oxygen Serves a Vital Role in Our Daily Health

  • Sharebar

One of the main rules of human physiology is the 3, 3 & 3 rule: Our bodies make it without food for three weeks, without water for three days, and without oxygen for only 3 minutes…To create more energy, our bodies have to get oxygen, and 90% of that energy is supplied by the oxygen it will get from our surroundings. The rest of the energy, 10%, is extracted from food and water.

Our atmosphere is close to 21% oxygen level at this time. only a few hundred years ago, the oxygen levels in our atmosphere were about 35%. The figure 21% is taken around the centre of the ocean- the oxygen count in the cities are more approximately15-18%.

While people are capable of adapting to certain environmental changes, our bodies can’t keep up with the fallout in oxygen levels. We have seen greater numbers in cancer and disease, and although our life spans have increased, there can be downsides to living longer, in that our bodies still show the signs of age and the effects of aging are still significant. Because of this, the decline in oxygen makes aging more difficult.

At the University of Toronto research has been done, in their Physical Education and Health and Department of Public Health Sciences, displaying that, while we are aging the deterioration rate continues , and our ability to absorb oxygen continues to deteriorate . The study also shows that a good aerobic workout, can “reduce the individuals biological age by 10 years”, “prolonging independence by a similar amount”. Keeping our bodies fit helps us with aging, and keeping the systems that allow oxygen to circulate properly throughout our bodies is essential to good health.

Oxygen is essential in every day life. People with emphysema suffer from not being able to get enough oxygen, and eventually many have to use pure oxygen to allow them to function.

Our bodies rely on oxygen in sports , and the ability to increase oxygen levels to our muscles and organs to function is crucial, lowered oxygen means a greater decline in performance.

Walking also increases the potential of our body to absorb oxygen. The continual working of our legs while exercising, and working our calf muscles, allow blood to be pumped through our entire body, and works our heart, which is a muscular organ. Walking also helps to lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol levels and to raise our HDL, or “good” cholesterol levels in our body. It also increases the blood circulation to our brain, allowing more oxygen and glucose to be pumped to our brain.

Aerobic exercise increases the bodies ability to absorb and distribute oxygen. If we keep a good exercise regimen we can help to prolong our lives in a manner that allows for fewer health problems.

One of the main rules of human physiology is the 3, 3 & 3 rule: Our bodies make it without food for three weeks, without water for three days, and without oxygen for only 3 minutes…To create more energy, our bodies have to get oxygen, and 90% of that energy is supplied by the oxygen it will get from our surroundings. The rest of the energy, 10%, is extracted from food and water.

Our atmosphere is close to 21% oxygen level at this time. only a few hundred years ago, the oxygen levels in our atmosphere were about 35%. The figure 21% is taken around the centre of the ocean- the oxygen count in the cities are more approximately15-18%.

While people are capable of adapting to certain environmental changes, our bodies can’t keep up with the fallout in oxygen levels. We have seen greater numbers in cancer and disease, and although our life spans have increased, there can be downsides to living longer, in that our bodies still show the signs of age and the effects of aging are still significant. Because of this, the decline in oxygen makes aging more difficult.

At the University of Toronto research has been done, in their Physical Education and Health and Department of Public Health Sciences, displaying that, while we are aging the deterioration rate continues , and our ability to absorb oxygen continues to deteriorate . The study also shows that a good aerobic workout, can “reduce the individuals biological age by 10 years”, “prolonging independence by a similar amount”. Keeping our bodies fit helps us with aging, and keeping the systems that allow oxygen to circulate properly throughout our bodies is essential to good health.

Oxygen is very essential in every day life. People with emphysema suffer from not being able to get enough oxygen, and eventually many have to use pure oxygen to allow them to function.

Our bodies rely on oxygen in sports , and the ability to increase oxygen levels to our muscles and organs to function is crucial, lowered oxygen means a greater decline in performance.

Walking also increases the potential of our body to absorb oxygen. The continual working of our legs while exercising, and working our calf muscles, allow blood to be pumped through our entire body, and works our heart, which is a muscular organ. Walking also helps to lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol levels and to raise our HDL, or “good” cholesterol levels in our body. It also increases the blood circulation to our brain, allowing more oxygen and glucose to be pumped to our brain.

Aerobic exercise increases the bodies ability to absorb and distribute oxygen. If we keep a good exercise regimen we can help to prolong our lives in a manner that allows for fewer health problems.

 

Recommended Reading

Digg This
Reddit This
Stumble Now!
Buzz This
Vote on DZone
Share on Facebook
Bookmark this on Delicious
Kick It on DotNetKicks.com
Shout it
Share on LinkedIn
Bookmark this on Technorati
Post on Twitter
Google Buzz (aka. Google Reader)

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge
This blog uses premium CommentLuv which allows you to put your keywords with your name if you have had 3 approved comments. Use your real name and then @ your keywords (maximum of 3)

Canonical URL by SEO No Duplicate WordPress Plugin