A High School Student Suffers From An Alcohol Overdose

  • Sharebar

Jeffrey was a high school freshman who regularly seemed to be living on the edge. Jeffrey had an adventurous personality and frequently wanted to do what his older brothers were doing. The central drawback with this was that all three of his brothers were at least 21 years old and were for than reason able from a legal point of view to drive a car and to drink alcohol.

Jeffrey, on the other hand, had a rough time accepting the fact that as a fifteen-year-old individual he should not be drinking. In fact, however, Jeffrey commonly drank with his buddies after school, especially on the weekends.

One weekend, Jeffrey was invited to drive around with some of his older buddies. One of his pals was old enough to buy alcohol. After buying some beer, wine coolers, and wine, Jeffrey and all of his cronies went to a park and drank for roughly two or three hours.

A Young Man Experiences Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms

After drinking around ten bottles of beer, Jeffrey started to feel queasy and then threw up. When he passed out on the football field, one of his friends called 911 for assistance. It was fortunate that the call for medical help was made because when his pals went to the hospital to see Jeffrey, they learned that Jeffrey had been suffering from alcohol poisoning symptoms. In a word, That is, Jeffrey had overdosed on alcohol.

When Your Cronies Drink Too Much

Jeffrey had heard that drinking excessively can lead to alcohol poisoning but he never thought that this could ever affect him. After all, some of his pals time and again bragged that they could drink twenty or more bottles of beer in a couple of hours without experiencing any significant setbacks.

Based on this, Jeffrey was in reality surprised to hear that he had overdosed on alcohol because he “only” had about ten alcoholic beverages. When he told this to the attending healthcare professional at the hospital, on the other hand, the doctor told Jeffrey that drinking ten alcoholic beverages over a two or three hour period of time could surely be significantly more alcohol than can be metabolized by the body. The healthcare practitioner further stated how significant amounts of alcohol can cause the brain to shut down a person’s breathing and that when this comes about, an individual can expire.

The First Warning of Hazardous Drinking

This was the first warning to Jeffrey that he was drinking in a dangerous fashion and that there are ramifications for such deeds. The healthcare practitioner told Jeffrey that he was a fortunate young man because he almost died from an alcohol overdose the previous night.

The healthcare professional also spoke to Jeffrey’s parents and suggested that they get alcohol rehabilitation for Jeffrey. His parents were ecstatic that Jeffrey was safe and informed the healthcare practitioner that they would look into getting Jeffrey alcohol therapy.

While speaking to his parents, Jeffrey notified them that there must be a solid reason why he did not die and that he felt a sense of thankfulness that he was still alive. He also informed his parents that the strangest part about the entire drinking event was that he had learned about alcohol poisoning the previous week at school in Mr. Franklin’s health class.

When Paying Attention in Class Can Change Your Life

At the time, what his health instructor, Mr. Franklin, was teaching didn’t seem to make too much sense to Jeffrey. Due to the fact that he almost died, in spite of this, he felt that he should have listened more thoroughly in health class and applied what he had learned to his life.

Jeffrey told his parents that he couldn’t wait to go back to the classroom and apologize to Mr. Franklin for not paying more attention to something that was as significant as learning about alcohol abuse and how to avoid alcohol poisoning.

His parents smiled at Jeffrey and said that they were proud of the way he was taking responsibility for his dangerous drinking activities. All he had to do now was to let this near-death experience impact his life in a constructive way so that he would never again go through a case of alcohol poisoning.

Recommended Reading

Digg This
Reddit This
Stumble Now!
Buzz This
Vote on DZone
Share on Facebook
Bookmark this on Delicious
Kick It on DotNetKicks.com
Shout it
Share on LinkedIn
Bookmark this on Technorati
Post on Twitter
Google Buzz (aka. Google Reader)

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge
This blog uses premium CommentLuv which allows you to put your keywords with your name if you have had 3 approved comments. Use your real name and then @ your keywords (maximum of 3)

Canonical URL by SEO No Duplicate WordPress Plugin